> Products > SmartChart > Version History
Select the version that interest you:
What's new in SmartChart since version 4.6
- New Feature: Now you can define showing a logarithm in graphs (this is meant for graphs based on data that combine
large and small values, where the difference between them is large). You can define showing a logarithm using an interface, using
the command YAxisLogarithm in the Declaration Section of the input file, where the values are True and False (with the default
- Improvement: The mechanism for creating jpeg files has been improved, and the Image files are created with a greater
quality and sharpness.
- Bug: In some cases the y-axis characters were not fully presented.
What's new in SmartChart since version 4.5
- New Feature: Now you can add suffix text to the y-axis step value and the x-axis data title. This feature can be
managed either online or by input file ('Y_Title_Suffix' and 'X_Title_Suffix').
- New Feature: Now you can hide grid lines of the y-axis. This feature can be managed either online or by input file
('Show_Line_Grid', 'Show_Bar_Grid' and 'Show_Bar3D_Grid').
- New Feature: Now graphs can be saved also in Tiff and Gif formats. This feature can be managed either online ('Save as'
option) or by batch section in the input file ('Generate_Tiff' and 'Generate_Gif').
- Improvement: When data value includes non-numeric characters, SmartChart is able to disregard them when creating the
graph, but displays them in the data title.
- Bug: Saving graphs as an image file under Windows 98 created corrupted file.
- Bug: Generating a jpeg file under Windows using non-standard colors created corrupted file.
- Bug: 'Hot keys' not displayed uniformly in the top menu.
- Bug: Image files contained unnecessarily wide margins on left and right.
What's new in SmartChart since version 4.4
- New Feature: Mage_Scale - a new command for the control of the size of graphs created in image files.
- New Feature: Image_FixedSize - a new command for the control of the size of graphs created in image files.
- Bug: SmartChart is now fully compatible with Windows XP Themes.
- Bug: In the 3D-Bar graph, when the y-axis numbers are larger than 10 digits, the graph will appear on the left side, too close to
the edge of the screen, and the numerals will appear disrupted.
- Bug: When low character coding (Ascii\OEM) is used in the text command, the text accompanying the graph displayed as gibberish.
What's new in SmartChart since version 4.3
- New Feature: Ability to define in the declaration section the position and size of
objects, including all graph types, legends and titles.
- Improvement: SmartChart saves the position and size of graph objects in the saved file whenever a user uses the "Save" or "Save
As" option. When the saved file is loaded, SmartChart would restore the position and sizes of the objects.
What's new in SmartChart since version 4.2
- New Feature: "Legend Sum in Pie Charts" - an option to sum-up and display the legend values in the pie charts. This option is
supported both online and by the Show_Pie_Total declaration.
- New Feature: "Adding Free Text" - an option to display free text using the new text declaration.
- New Feature: "Line Symbols Option" - line symbols declaration enables rendering the line graph with a different shape per line.
This option should be used when printing the line graph on a non-color printer. It is also supported online using the Graph Settings dialog
What's new in SmartChart since version 4.1
- Improvement: We have added support for empty values. By using the letter 'e' instead of a numeric value, you can specify
that the current series item does not have a value. Empty values break the continuation of line graphs and being displayed as zero
values on other types of graphs.
- Improvement: Now supports long x-axis labels that can be comprised of several words. Also, an additional declaration was
added to allow you to split the x-axis labels into two lines in order to provide better spacing when displaying many items
simultaneously in a graph.
- Improvement: On-Line Web Support – we have also added on-line connection to our web server that provides on-line order,
on-line help, on-line FAQ, and an options to send us e-mails.
What's new in SmartChart since version 4.0
- New Feature: Series color and data values color control. The capability to control the series color (pie graphs) and the data
value colors (bar and line graphs) by either the developer or the user. The control is possible both from the data file and from the graph
setting option via the graph online menu.
- New Feature: Legend on\off toggle - new option allows determination whether the legend will appear in the display graph or not.
This option was especially designed for developers using the batch mode to create graphs and combine them into dynamic web pages.
- New Feature: Background color control - by using a new command in the declaration section in the input file called 'Image_Bk_Color'
the developer can define the background color of the bmp and jpeg charts that are generated via the batch mode working.
- New Feature: Multi-language support Version 4.0 is the first step in way of releasing versions customized to specific languages
such as French, Spanish, Chinese and more. Localized versions available are English, Hebrew, Traditional Chinese and Simplified Chinese.
More local languages will be released soon.
What's new in SmartChart since version 3.3
- New Feature: Provides a user selection mode, when the user can select objects (such as titles, legends etc.), move and resize
- Improvement: Allows you to display up to 1,000 values in a line graph in one screen (without scrolling).
- Improvement: Tool-tip windows that pop up with the x-axis label and its value when the cursor is positioned above the bars and